World Cup for Kids Series
Announcing a new series from Multicultural Kid Blogs: World Cup for Kids! This series will focus on the 2014 World Cup in Brazil as a way to teach kids about geography and global cooperation.
Be sure to pick up a copy of our World Soccer Cup 2014 Activity Pack for Kids!
See Why Kids Love the World Cup!
Host a World Cup Party for Kids!
Join our Twitter Chats during the Games
Follow #MKBWorldCup during the games and opening ceremonies!
Be sure to follow our World Cup for Kids Board on Pinterest!
Learn about the countries of this year’s 2014 World Cup!
Follow along as we explore the cultures of the teams who will be participating in this year’s games. Below is a list of the countries playing in the 2014 World Cup, along with the bloggers who will be teaching us about them. Look for a new post on each country, each time its team plays!
Flag images courtesy of Wikipedia
The World Cup for Kids project kicked off last November with a photo contest. The winner was announced on December 5. Congratulations to La Famille Brown for submitting the winning photo below!
Explore the World Through the World Cup
The World Cup is a great opportunity to teach children about the world. Here are the other posts in this series so far:
- Hosting a World Cup Party for Kids from Marie’s Pastiche
- Beyond the World Cup: Brazil’s Next Generation from Head of the Heard
- Make Your Own Vuvuzela from Making Multicultural Music
- Introducing Ball Skills from Chasing the Donkey
- Football’s World Cup – more than just a game from Dad’s the Way I Like It
- Brazilian and the Beach from Head of the Heard
- Making Meaningful Connections with Kids Through Sports from Pennies of Time
- 3 Brazilian Treats from the piri-piri lexicon
- Counting Down to the World Cup from Dad’s the Way I Like It
Make sure to follow along on our World Cup for Kids Pinterest board!by