Recently, my kids fell in love with the origami technique. They decided they wanted to learn it so we went searching for instructions in the internet. There are plenty options out there, for all tastes and levels, and this simple origami ocean garland is a great option for kids to make. They would have lots of fun!
How to Make an Origami Ocean Garland
1. Fold the square along the diagonals, then in half
2. Fold inside along the diagonal lines so to get a triangle
3. Fold the points to obtain the tail
4. On the other side draw the eyes, the mouths and all the details you’d like.
RELATED POST: How arts and crafts promote global citizens
For this craft, you will need the following materials:
Color paper cut in squares
A piece of ribbon or string
We made a few fish origami and attached them with a stapler to a string, alternated with shells beads. Isn’t it cute?
RELATED POST: Holi Crafts and Activities for Kids
If you are interested to learn more about origami crafts for kids, check out these great books.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, Multicultural Kid Blogs receives a small commission.
Easy Origami (Dover Origami Papercraft)over 30 simple projects
Fun with Origami: 17 Easy-to-Do Projects and 24 Sheets of Origami Paper
What is your favorite origami craft for kids?
Latest posts by Stefy (see all)
- Easy Origami Ocean Garland You Can Make with Your Kids - September 4, 2017
- The Red Cross: A Gift From Switzerland - April 4, 2016
- Let’s Discover India through a Party! - June 1, 2015