Disclosure: Wisdom Tales gave me a copy of this product free of charge. All opinions in my review are my own and I did not receive any other compensation.
Do you ever wonder about other religions? Do you want to teach your children about the commonalities and differences in world religions? Here is the perfect book to introduce young children to different religions and the differences and similarities between them. The book is Everyone Prays: Celebrating Faith Around the World by Alexis York Lumbard.
This book has beautiful pictures and simple texts. Things like some people pray inside and others pray outside are pointed out. With all the differences the common fact is everyone prays at some point in some way.
At the back of the book there is a list of different world religions with a sentence or two describing them. As I thought about this book I realized it would be a wonderful opportunity to learn about different religions and religious groups. I turned to the Multicultural Kid Blogs bloggers for help. So a group of us joined together to share a bit about our own religions and provide this post as a central place to come and learn about different world religions. Then on top of that, Wisdom Tales offered to give a copy of this beautiful book to one of the readers! See the Rafflecopter below for more on the giveaway!!
- Starting a Challah Tradition with Kids on All Done Monkey written by What We Do All Day
- Shiksa in the Kitchen on What We Do All Day
- Teaching Tzedakah to Kids on What We Do All Day
- Bilingual Parenting and… Baptism on Españolita…¡sobre la marcha!
Church of the Latter Day Saint
- My Son Goes to Primary on La Cite des Vents
- Demystifying Mormonism (Latter Day Saints)-In My Own Words on The Squishable Baby
- Latter Day Saints Unplugged: What you will Discover if you Attend a church Service on The Squishable Baby
Congregationalist/United Church of Christ
- Faith Celebration: United Church of Christ on Crafty Moms Share
- Finding a Church to Find God on All Done Monkey written by Crafty Moms Share
- Baptism in the Russian Orthodox Church on All Done Monkey written by Russian Step by Step for Children
- Islam (multiple posts) on A Crafty Arab
- Ramadan Revealed on Macro Mama
- Ramadan Resources on Macro Mama
- Eid al Adha in Morocco on All Done Monkey written by Macro Mama
- What Islam Teaches about Parenting on All Done Monkey by In the Playroom
- Hindu (multiple posts) on Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Resources to Teach Children about the Bahá’í Faith on All Done Monkey
- Talking about Death and Life after Death with Children on All Done Monkey written by Creative World of Varya
- Virtues (multiple posts) on Creative World of Varya
- Top 10 Pinterest Boards on the Bahai’i Faith on Creative World of Varya
Other Resources on World Religions:
- Best World Religion Books for Kids on Pragmatic Mom
- 60+ Books about World Religions for Kids on Kid World Citizen
- World Religions: The Golden Rule on Kid World Citizen
Now it is time for our giveaway!! To enter this giveaway just follow the Rafflecopter. This giveaway is open to residents of the United States. The winner will be sent a copy of Everyone Prays by Alexis York Lumbard by Wisdom Tales Press. Good luck!