Is your family hoping to take a trip yet this summer? We’ve partnered up with our friends at Best Western to make your trip happen! Whether you’re planning to pack up the car and head out on a road trip or your travels will take place via plane you’ll need somewhere to lay your head down at night and unwind after a busy day traveling.
We’re huge advocates of travel, and we’re guessing you might be too. Here are a few tips from Best Western blog ambassador Manny Ruiz to get your trip planning rolling:
- Remember that the journey is what matters most: The longer the journey to your destination, the more likely you will enjoy the memories you make to your destination. I always remind my family of this because those things you do while driving together are as precious as landing in Disneyland. Cherish those moments. Document those moments. When the children are all grown, those are the moments you will see most in your videos.
- Consult with your kids. The older kids get, the more they actually enjoy and want to be involved in the planning process.
- Choices are good but don’t give them too many choices. Hand-in-hand with giving our children input about the places we’d like to travel is also the rule that says you should not give them more than three choices. Limiting the options gives them the opportunity to research and make an informed decision, or make a decision about where they really don’t want to go.
- Research the truly off-the-beaten-path vacation jewels. Sometimes the best places you’ll see are not always the most obvious or convenient ones. For example, most vacation getaways are marketed to be accessible and easy, conveniently located in places that are meant to be found by the masses. There’s nothing wrong with that but, if you do a little Google research, you’ll inevitably find that near most any vacation spot there are always gems worth stretching to find.
- Pack lighter so you can travel easier. One of the most common mistakes made during vacations is to simply pack too much. Don’t make this mistake. Traveling light will make your trip infinitely more enjoyable and less stressful as you’ll have fewer things to worry about. If you’re traveling by air you’ll also be able to cut down on excess baggage charges.
Now we’d love to know what are some of your tips for traveling?
We’ll pick one comment at random to win a $75 gift card from Best Western. You have until August 9th at midnight Eastern to leave a comment and be entered to win.
We can’t wait to hear your travel tips!
About Amanda: Amanda is curious, world traveling mom of 2 boys. She currently lives in Marrakech, Morocco with her husband and kids. Amanda is the publisher of MarocMama a blog about raising multicultural kids, food, and travel. You can connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.by