Ready for some fun in the sun? The 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Brazil is a great reason to hold an outdoor kids Olympics party.
Games for Your Olympics Party
Pinterest is packed with outdoor games you can use for an outdoor party filled with giggles. But, if you’d like to try to be a little more true to the sports and spirit of the Olympic games, here are a few games and contests to try:
- Running races, both individual and relay events.
- Discus, using a frisbee
- Javelin, using a pool noodle
- Hurdles, using shoeboxes or other small boxes
- Shot put, using a softball or Nerf ball
- Fencing, using pool noodles
- Football (a.k.a. soccer in America)
- Beach volleyball.
- Rhythmic gymnastics, using long ribbons to swirl around
Find a full list of sports featured in the 2016 games.
Food for Your Kids Olympics Party
- Make edible Olympic torches.
- Bake Gold-medal cookies.
- Try recipes from around the world. (You can find many ideas, sorted by country, by clicking on my World Thinking Day features.)
- Try these kid-friendly recipes from Brazil from Kids World Citizen.
Crafts for Your Kids Olympics Party
- Make Olympic rings bracelets.
- Make a homemade Olympic torch; then have a torch relay around your block!
- Make uniform shirts or bandanas for your teammates.
- Make salt-dough Olympic pins.
- Create a laurel wreath crown.
- Make medals.
Printable Summer Olympics Activity Pack
Multicultural Kid Blogs has a fun-filled activity pack that is perfect for an Olympics party! This downloadable no-prep packet introduces children to 11 countries around the world through the Olympics theme. Find out more and download the activity pack here.
More Olympic Learning for Kids
The Olympics are a wonderful opportunity to teach kids about the world and explore cultures together. Be sure to check out our Olympics for Kids Series!
How are you celebrating the Olympics with your family? Share your ideas in the comment below!
Latest posts by Robbie Schneider (see all)
- Summer Olympics Kids Party Ideas - July 4, 2016