Want to learn about Portugal? Here are 10 fun facts about Portugal for kids. You will also find a few activity suggestions and further resources at the bottom of this article.
10 Fun Facts about Portugal for Kids
1. … the unofficial symbol of Portugal is a rooster?
2. … there is a different recipe for cod for every day of the year?
3. … Lisbon has the longest bridge in Europe?
4. … a Portuguese pirate created the first Pirate code?
5. … the Portuguese were/are great travellers?
6. … there are banned baby names in Portugal?
7. … the city with the largest number of Portuguese people outside of Portugal is Paris?
8. … Portugal is famous for its surfing?
9. … Lisbon was struck by one of the most powerful earthquakes in European history?
10. … Portugal was one of the few countries to ever have a totally peaceful revolution?
Check Out these Children’s Books about Portugal for Kids
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, Multicultural Kid Blogs receives a small commission.
More Resources About Portugal for Kids
Latest posts by Annabelle Humanes (see all)
- A Pandemic Journal: Free Printable in Multiple Languages - April 27, 2020
- 10 Fun Facts about the European Union - May 22, 2019
- 10 Alternatives to ‘Where are you from?’ - June 15, 2018