Comprehensive Summer Games Unit
Just in time for the Summer Olympics! For parents and educators raising global citizens, this downloadable no-prep packet introduces children to 11 countries around the world through the Olympics theme. The Summer Games Unit Activity Pack includes:
• a history of the Ancient and Modern Olympics
• a brief description of all the sports played in the 2016 Summer Games
• world mapping activity
• an introduction to this year’s host city and country
• introductions to the Olympics top ten nations with the most medals; includes country facts, geography, brief histories, landmarks, wildlife, music, famous people, Olympics facts, a kid-friendly recipe, and recommended reading
• reading passages about seven famous Olympians from around the world
• additional worksheets that allow students to show what they’ve learned, such as flag matching, word search, matching, fill in the blank, multiple choice, and trivia.
An answer key is included, as is a list of sources referenced for each section. These fun activities are designed for children ages 8 – 12, or 3rd through 6th grade.
Enjoy the Rio Olympics!