All around me people are talking like summer has already ended. I am not ready yet. My birthday is at the end of summer, and even though school started a month ago, I’m soaking up every last bit of it. That said, today I will talk to you about one of our favorite seasons of the year. Fall!
5 Reasons to Love the Fall Season!
1. We love picking apples, going to the farm, and seeing all the changes. Now that the end of summer is near, we have two more Harvest Festivals. The Autumn Equinox and Samhain, also known as Halloween.
A fun activity we enjoy is going to our local Farmers Market to pick up local fruits and vegetables. Or, we go to one of our local farms and harvest vegetables there. At home, we prepare them so they last through the winter. For that reason, we are getting acquainted with fermenting our foods — just like they did in the old days.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and purchase, Multicultural Kid Blogs will receive a small commission that will be used towards maintaining this site.
2. The end of Summer and the beginning of fall is a wonderful time to spend time outdoors. The weather is still pleasant, and you don’t have to bundle up yet! Depending on where you live, of course. There is a saying that bad weather doesn’t exist, only bad clothing. Well, even if that’s true, we do like to be able to play outside without having to think about all those layers.
“Run free my child! Breathe in the fresh air, take in the views, unleash your creativity and enjoy every moment.”
3. We love to visit all the pumpkin patches in the area. Every weekend throughout the month of October we’ll visit a different one. My boys love the hayrides, climbing the hay bale towers, and jumping hay bales. Who thought hay could bring so much joy and laughter?! There is always so much more to do in a pumpkin patch than just picking out a pumpkin. What do you think about the corn mazes? I’m always so impressed with how elaborate the corn maze designs are! Do they have them where you live? And is it part of your Fall fun?
“I realize I have a new job. I am a creator of memories.”
4. My boys can’t wait for Halloween and Day of the Dead, our biggest celebration of the year. If you’d like to read more about our 3-day celebration click here. And if you are ready for some new costumes, click here. You will get 20% off and they ship worldwide! The exclusive costumes are beautiful!
We always participate in our hometown’s Halloween Parade, and this year we will also visit Pumpkin Nights.
Pumpkin Nights is an interactive and magical Halloween experience where guests are transported into an enchanted world with dazzling, multi-sensory Halloween displays and seven Pumpkin Lands created with more than 3000 artistically hand-carved real and synthetic pumpkins. There will be festival activities unlike anything else. Pumpkin Nights can be found in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Salt Lake City, Utah, and Santa Rosa, California.
Check out the event if you’re in one of those areas between October 10th and November 3rd (but check specific dates for your area). It’s supposed to be epic. And all our readers get a 25% discount on their tickets when using the code EATPURELOVE.LIFESTYLE25 at checkout.
5. For adults, a favorite activity is going on a road trip to enjoy the fall foliage. I love all the fall colors. We have a favorite route that we take up into the mountains. But even going for a hike in the forest is a great way to enjoy the lovely colors. For kids, it’s fun to collect all the leaves and read books together.
I would love to hear what your favorite location is for your Fall walk! Please share in the comments.
Sharing YOUR Favorite Fall Activity!
These were a couple of our favorite fall activities. But I bet you have more fun fall activities to share, and I would LOVE to hear and see them. So tell me your favorite fall activities. Share them in the comments.
For all my Instagram people, I would love to see your fall pictures, too! So when posting on Instagram, use the hashtag #mkbfall.
Wishing you a Fabulous Fall!