Easy Iftar Recipes: Middle Eastern Chicken & Rice
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add in garlic and the ground beef along with the cinnamon, and pepper. Cook until the beef is evenly browned.
- Then add in the chicken stock, season with salt and add in the chicken breasts. Cover the skillet and cook for about 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Return to the pan and mix in the rice. Cover the skillet again and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid. Add more salt if required.
- While the rice is cooking, lightly toast the almonds in a pan. Stir often, making sure they do not burn.
- Once the rice is ready, garnish with pine nuts and serve.
Multicultural Kid Blogs is proud to be hosting its third annual Ramadan for Kids blog hop, where bloggers come together to share ideas for teaching kids about and honoring Ramadan. Don’t forget to check out our blog hops from last year and 2015. Be sure to follow our Ramadan board on Pinterest for even more ideas and link up your own posts below!
Middle Way Mom: All Things Ramadan
Jeddah Mom: Why Muslims Give Fitra Before Eid in Ramadan?
Sand in My Toes: 6 Ways to Get Kids Involved During Ramadan
A Crafty Arab: 2017 Ramadan Crafts 30 Day Challenge
Family in Finland: Childhood Memories of Ramadan in Peshawar, Pakistan
Latest posts by Wendy Awai Dakroub (see all)
- Easy Iftar Recipes: Middle Eastern Chicken & Rice - May 15, 2017
- Mixed Ethnicity: The Children of Asian-Pacific Islanders - May 2, 2016
- 5 Kid-Friendly Dishes from Lebanon - July 20, 2015