We are celebrating our 4th birthday (also known as a blogiversary)! It is hard to describe all the feelings and emotions that have been invested into the past 4 years. But one thing I can tell you for sure is that every one of us dedicates a good amount of time to support, maintain and develop our website, community, resources, and connect with our wonderful readers. For our 4th birthday, we thought to reintroduce our website and give you a better idea of what we are about.
Multicultural Kid Blogs is dedicated to raising world citizens, through arts, activities, crafts, food, language, and love. Our members are from: Armenia, Austria, Australia, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Ecuador, England, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guam, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Korea, Lesotho, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Ireland (UK), Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Senegal, Slovakia, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Switzerland, Syria, Tanzania, Taiwan, Trinidad, Turkey, UK, USA, Venezuela, Wales and Zambia.
Are you a multicultural kid blogger looking to join a community of like-minded bloggers? We’d love to have you! Just fill out this form to apply for membership.
How Did MKB Start?
It started with our wonderful founder Leanna, who birthed a vision and gathered together a number of bloggers to start the work in progress. We started off by hosting Multicultural Blogging Carnivals on our own individual blogs, taking turns as hosts. When we saw the need, we dedicated time and efforts to build a website and take part in social networks, where we can now share so much with you.
Leanna shared the rest of the story on our Facebook page: “Things snowballed from there, as friends invited friends and word began to get out that a group of bloggers had formed with a vision of working together to raise world citizens. Some member blogs focused on parenting, others on education, still others on multilingualism, expat life, or travel. Some had large followings and others were mainly for family members back home. But we all shared a common dedication to raising children with a vision larger than just their own culture or country – world citizens and world changers who would celebrate differences while recognizing the underlying unity of the human race.”
Behind the Scenes
Meet Our MKB Board
The dedicated members of our Board are constantly working behind the scenes to make sure everything is running smoothly – from making decisions about our overall direction and content to reaching out to support our members who are going through a difficult time. They really work with heart and soul to make this such a vibrant, welcoming community!
Meet Our Editorial and Administrative Board Members and Contributors
They are the people who are behind the wheel of MKB who take their time to make decisions on what content we should share with you. We have an amazing team, and we keep adding members to our wonderful community.
Learn About Our Resources
Please take a moment to browse our wonderful resources that we have collected and keep collecting on our site.
We created this page to share with you all the ongoing and past projects, series, blog hops etc., that our members are hosting/hosted on their blogs. These resources are unique and give you some wonderful ideas about cultures, global learning, and more.
Our series and blog hops provide opportunities for global learning. Come and learn with us many of the traditions, customs, and festivities around the world.
- Holidays Around the World – This tags some of the most wonderful traditions and stories from around the globe. Every year we honour them with blog hops and mini-series.
- Heritage Months – We take time to participate in and observe certain important commemorative months that let us get to know various cultural aspects and honour our history.
- Blogging Carnivals – They allow us to concentrate on a certain aspect or theme for the month, inviting members and non-members linking their relevant posts.
- Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop – Created by one of our Board members – Frances – it has become a monthly traditions where bloggers share multicultural activities, crafts, recipes, and musings for our creative kids.
- Global Learning for Kids – Every month we hop over to a country we choose, and share everything about it: recipes, activities, stories, games, traditions and more.
- Read Around the World Summer Reading Series – Every summer we take time to share some interesting multicultural book recommendations from around the world.
- Multicultural Meal Plan Monday -This is one of the completed projects which we all enjoyed. Bloggers used to take turns to share meal plans for a week, or simply some unusual recipes.
- Wordless Wednesday Series – This is a series that runs from time to time allowing us to take a peek into our members’ lives and living styles.
- Multicutural Printables – This tags the posts which give you themed printables in different languages.
As a result of the Summit on Raising Global Citizens, these resources are absolutely valuable to any family, or classroom, that aims at introducing globalization to the children. You will find here links and videos on different subjects relevant to raising global citizens.
On this page we offer a unique step-by-step guide to all the wonderful products and books our members have published or produced. Our members are very talented, and we are always on a lookout to support their endeavors!
Join Our Social Networks
Read Our Posts
We published our first post on the website in December 2012, and our first informative post on Practicing Yoga while traveling in August 2013. I, personally, have lots of favorite MKB posts, so here are a few tags that I have enjoyed the most:
- Summer Olympics Kids Party Ideas – tons of ideas that can be used pretty much for any indoor and outdoor kids party.
- Things Expat Parents Love to Hear – a very positive post that opens your eyes on things that expats parents appreciate to hear.
- Fathers and Daughters Across the World – it is actually hard for me to choose which of the Wordless Wednesday Posts is my favorite! But this one was very touching.
- Kindness Around the World – good and filled with positive energy quotes and posts. It warms my heart to read about kindness in our very sick world.
- Calendars of the World – a great reminder of the variety of calendars we have! In China, per se, there are 2 calendars people follow: Lunar and Gregorian (Solar).
We invite you to stop by and leave us a comment with your favorite MKB posts, or the posts from your favorite blog either here, or on our social networks!
Thank you for being part of this journey! We are grateful to have found each other for support and grateful for you, our readers, as you accept our heartfelt offerings and share your own ideas, questions, and concerns with us. Here’s to many more years together, and keep an eye out for a big 5th blogiversary celebration this time next year!